Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Diorama Card - FREE TUTORIAL!

Good Morning, Stampers!

I had the pleasure of hosting my downline meeting yesterday and wanted to share with you a project we made. The diorama card is not a new idea - in fact, it has been around a long time. Just recently, I have seen them all over stamping sites, so I thought I would create a new-to-me diorama card for our make and take project:


I have fallen deeply in love with the brown tones for the Holidays this year! I just can't seem to get enough of it! What I love most about this card, is that it really doesn't require any more paper/cardstock/embellishements than any other card AND it lays flat for quick and simple mailing!

Here is how you make the card:

1. I began with a piece of the Core'dinations Espresso paper measuring 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" . I scored it along the long edge at 1/2" and 1" on both sides.


2. I repeated the above steps with Very Vanilla cardstock.


3. Lay the smallest Label framelit in the center of the score line and run thru the Big Shot.


4. Next, center the Holiday Frame embossing folder in the center of the cut out and emboss.


5. Using a sanding block, gently sand the embossed oval.


6. On the Very Vanilla cardstock, fold along the score lines in a "z" with the fold going "up".


7. On the Early Espresso paper, fold along the score lines in a "z" with the fold going "down".


8. Using a piece of Neutral DSP, cut a Label frame using the second to the smallest size. Center it on the Very Vanilla cardstock and adhere.


9. Add sticky strip to the flaps on the Very Vanilla cardstock.


10. Adhere the two ends of the flaps together. Be careful as you place the sticky strip - it does not come apart once it is together. 



11. Stamp the sentiment in Early Espress ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock. Cut the ends in a "v" and adhere to the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. On a seperate piece of Very Vanilla, stamp the ornament in Crumb Cake ink, then roll the edges in early Espresso. Stamp onto the paper and cut. Adhere thru the frame onto the Neutral DSP using Stampin' Dimensionals. 



12. Finish off the card by adding a piece of Espresso ribbon with a glue dot and a few teeny tiny pearls on the ornament. 



SUpplies:
Stamps: Holiday Keepsake Ornaments, Greetings of the Season
Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Paper: Early Espresso Core'dinations, Very Vanilla, Neutral DSP
Accessories: Simply Scored, Labels Collection framelits, Holiday Frame Embossing Folder, Holiday Ornament framelits, Early Espresso ribbon, pearls

Happy Stampin'!
~Melissa

1 comment:

Kristin Moore said...

That is beautiful! I made some diorama cards a few years ago and loved them so much I kept them all! Wish I wouldn't have because now they are falling apart. Be sure to MAIL IT! ;)